Below you will find my screen-cast for my semester long affinity space project. It’s a little longer than anticipated, 15 minutes, but stick around to the end, it’s worth it!
For Hypothesis Commenting
- What is BoardGameGeek?
- Overview of Space
- How are the different spaces used (forums, game trading, game ratings, personal libraries etc.)?
- How customizable is the site?
- How does the site interact with other affinity spaces?
- Are there any biases on the forums regarding classic board games vs. modern board games?
- What are participants general attitudes towards games and other people?
Links to Course Readings
- Design and Learning
Affinity Space Features
- Newbies, masters and everyone else share a common space
- The development of both specialist and broad, general knowledge are encouraged and specialist knowledge is pooled
- There are many different forms and routes to participation