Lancaster PA area – email@example.com
2019 – Master of Arts Information & Learning Technologies (focus: Instructional Design and Adult Learning) University of Colorado Denver
2007 – Bachelor’s of Commerce Laurentian University
2017 Lancaster Learns (Elizabethtown PA) – Using Live Streaming to Educate and Engage Students
2016 RECAP (West Chester PA) – Getting your Learner’s Permit: Preparing Faculty to Teach Online
2015 PADLA (West Chester PA) – From an Empty Room to a High Tech Learning Space
2015 Lancaster Learns (Lancaster PA) – Accessibility is Not Your Enemy: Simple Solutions for Accessible Online Course Content
2014 RECAP (West Chester PA) – Creating Online Content for All Users
2012 Desire2Learn Fusion (San Diego CA) – Implementing ePortfolios for Student Teachers
August 2014 – Present: Lancaster Learns Conference Planning Committee
- Serve on a committee to plan annual conference on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- 2018 and 2019 conference chair
July 2017 – Present: Educational Development Coordinator
- Coach and mentor faculty in the use of instructional strategies and academic technology in online, blended, and traditional courses.
- Work with faculty to modify and create new course experiences.
- Perform classroom observations and online course evaluations.
- Conduct faculty development sessions based on departmental needs.
Faculty Development Sessions Offered: Telling Stories with Microsoft Sway
Committees served: New Faculty Professional Development Group
February 2015 – June 2017 : Coordinator, Academic Technology and Instructional Design
- Led a team to evaluate and recommend a collaboration technology to be used in new technology rich learning spaces.
- Researched, evaluated and recommend academic technologies to be implemented in campus learning spaces as well as online.
- Guided faculty in the creation of quality online courses and modules.
- Assisted faculty in choosing appropriate technology to be used for classroom and online activities.
- Created, offered and facilitated workshops and online courses regarding academic technology and instructional design.Faculty Development Sessions Offered: The Road to Successful Online Teaching, Camtasia Basics, Camtasia Advanced, Using the Technology Rich ClassroomCommittees served: Academic Technology Advisory Group (chair), Online Learning Quality Committee (chair), Faculty Development Committee, State Authorization Task Force, Diversity Task Force
September 2013 – February 2015 : Instructional Designer
- Collaborate with faculty subject matter experts to design and develop online courses
- Collaborate with technology experts to create interactive multimedia applications and learning programs
- Lead a team in designing and implementing two new learner-centered learning spaces
- Provide assistance to faculty in the selection of electronic delivery methods and effective uses of multimedia technologies
- Design, develop, and deliver workshops and online training to faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies and educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies and multimedia hardware/software to support online teaching and learning
- Serve as an advocate and support person for the use of technology in teaching and learning in both the face to face and online environments
- Create and distribute electronic resources for faculty regarding instructional design
- Serve as an advocate and model for the “Going Paperless” initiative across campus
Faculty Development Sessions Offered: Interactive Whiteboards, The Instructional Design Process, Mobile Devices for Teaching & Learning, Using Blackboard to Enhance Traditional Courses, Blackboard Collaborate Basics, Designing Content for All Users, Camtasia Basics, Camtasia Advanced, The Road to Successful Online Teaching.
Committees Served: Academic Technology Advisory Group (Chair), Online Learning Quality Committee, Faculty Development Committee, Portal Governance Committee, State Authorization Task Force.
- Provide support via telephone, e-mail and face to face to faculty, staff and students using the D2L system.
- Provide group and individual technical training to faculty and staff on various D2L tools as well as other learning tools integrated into the LMS.
- Create and update documentation on various D2L tools used at West Chester University for faculty and students.
- Consult and assist faculty in the best use of instructional technology for face-to-face,blended and online courses.
- Develop and deploy short instructional videos for faculty regarding frequent issues or questions regarding the LMS.
- Develop and implement new training sessions for faculty and staff on new tools inside and outside the D2L LMS.
- Organize and facilitate a semi-annual D2L boot camp
- Worked as part of a team to successfully complete a transition from a custom online learning management system to the Blackboard online learning management system.
- Conducted in-person training sessions to train all instructors on the Blackboard system.
- Continually trained new instructors on how to fully use an online learning management system.
- Developed and deployed training videos for students that significantly reduced student technical support calls.
- Provided technical support to students and instructors via telephone, e-mail and face to face meetings.
- Re-designed and maintained a Microsoft Access database and database reports that holds over 1500 records.