Lancaster PA area – firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 – Master of Arts Information & Learning Technologies (focus: Instructional Design and Adult Learning) University of Colorado Denver
2007 – Bachelor’s of Commerce Laurentian University
2015 Lancaster Learns (Lancaster PA) – Accessibility is Not Your Enemy: Simple Solutions for Accessible Online Course Content
2014 RECAP (West Chester PA) – Creating Online Content for All Users
2012 Desire2Learn Fusion (San Diego CA) – Implementing ePortfolios for Student Teachers
- Lead a team to evaluate and recommend a collaboration technology to be used in new technology rich learning spaces
- Lead the instructional design team
- Consult in the design of accelerated nursing 101 and 201 courses
- Research, evaluate and recommend academic technologies to be implemented in campus learning spaces as well as online
- Guide faculty in the creation of quality online courses and modules
- Assist faculty in choosing appropriate technology to be used for classroom and online activities
- Create, offer and facilitate workshops and online courses regarding academic technology and instructional design
Faculty Development Sessions Offered: The Road to Successful Online Teaching, Camtasia Basics, Camtasia Advanced, Using the Technology Rich Classroom, Copyright Basics
Committees served: Academic Technology Advisory Group (chair), Online Learning Quality Committee (chair), Faculty Development Committee, State Authorization Task Force, Diversity Task Force
September 2013 – February 2015 : Instructional Designer
- Collaborate with faculty subject matter experts to design and develop online courses
- Collaborate with technology experts to create interactive multimedia applications and learning programs
- Lead a team in designing and implementing two new learner-centered learning spaces
- Provide assistance to faculty in the selection of electronic delivery methods and effective uses of multimedia technologies
- Design, develop, and deliver workshops and online training to faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies and educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies and multimedia hardware/software to support online teaching and learning
- Serve as an advocate and support person for the use of technology in teaching and learning in both the face to face and online environments
- Create and distribute electronic resources for faculty regarding instructional design
- Serve as an advocate and model for the “Going Paperless” initiative across campus
Faculty Development Sessions Offered: Interactive Whiteboards, The Instructional Design Process, Mobile Devices for Teaching & Learning, Using Blackboard to Enhance Traditional Courses, Blackboard Collaborate Basics, Designing Content for All Users, Camtasia Basics, Camtasia Advanced, The Road to Successful Online Teaching.
Committees Served: Academic Technology Advisory Group (Chair), Online Learning Quality Committee, Faculty Development Committee, Portal Governance Committee, State Authorization Task Force.
- Provide support via telephone, e-mail and face to face to faculty, staff and students using the D2L system.
- Provide group and individual technical training to faculty and staff on various D2L tools as well as other learning tools integrated into the LMS.
- Create and update documentation on various D2L tools used at West Chester University for faculty and students.
- Consult and assist faculty in the best use of instructional technology for face-to-face,blended and online courses.
- Develop and deploy short instructional videos for faculty regarding frequent issues or questions regarding the LMS.
- Develop and implement new training sessions for faculty and staff on new tools inside and outside the D2L LMS.
- Organize and facilitate a semi-annual D2L boot camp
- Worked as part of a team to successfully complete a transition from a custom online learning management system to the Blackboard online learning management system.
- Conducted in-person training sessions to train all instructors on the Blackboard system.
- Continually trained new instructors on how to fully use an online learning management system.
- Developed and deployed training videos for students that significantly reduced student technical support calls.
- Provided technical support to students and instructors via telephone, e-mail and face to face meetings.
- Re-designed and maintained a Microsoft Access database and database reports that holds over 1500 records.